Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Red Cross Moments


The Red Cross has been built on the generosity and support of its neighbors in communities around the world, and because of that, we have been able to touch the lives of many.  Our community involvement has created many memories of the Red Cross for our neighbors, and we want you to know what those are.  These memories will help reinforce our mission in our community, and also help bring us back to why we are here as the Red Cross--To help. 
My Red Cross Moment
“When I was in fourth grade, I walked home from school and found a slew of fire trucks outside of my home.  We had a house fire.  Luckily no one was injured, and my home only had minor damages, but the Red Cross was there to offer their support.  To this day, my family still talks about how thankful they were to know that if they needed a place to turn, the Red Cross would have been there.”
To share your moment, please e-mail your thoughts about what the Red Cross is, a past experience you have had with the Red Cross or what comes to mind when you hear the words “Red Cross,” to bonafedej@usa.redcross.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment